Ice Cream Sandwich is making baby steps, Transformer Prime gets an automated root/unroot tool, and new malware attacks against online bankers will make you second guess receiving paper statements.
- Android Ice Cream Sandwich Running On Less Than 1% of Total Devices: The latest Google fragmentation numbers show that Ice Cream Sandwich is running on 0.6% of devices, while Gingerbread grows to 55.5% of devices accessing the Android Market. [ReadWriteWeb]
- New Tool Easily Roots And Unroots Your Transformer Prime: Recognized developer, viperboy, over at XDA Developers has created a tool that automatically roots the Asus Transformer Prime. It can also unroot it if you need to send it back for warranty work. [XDA Developers]
- EWG’s Shopping Guide to Low-Radiation SmartPhones: The Environmental Working Group has put together a chart ranking cell phones by the carrier they are on and how much radiation they emit. [Environmental Working Group]
- New Form of Online Banking Fraud: Beware to those who no longer receive paper statements from your bank. Criminals are attacking unaware online bank customers with malware that fakes the screen you are viewing while they steal you blind and you would never know on return visits, too. [ReadWriteWeb]
- New Guide to Researching Colleges from Consumer Reports: Consumer Reports has released a new guide – Find the Best College for You – that aims to simplify the search process for prospective students with information surrounding four core questions. [Consumer Reports]