1. Download ParanoidAndroid 3.0 custom ROM and Google Apps from XDA source link here. Without extracting, save the file to the computer.
2. Download Gapps for Android 4.2.2 ROMs from here. Save the file to your computer, without unzipping it.
3. Connect the device to computer and copy both files to the phone’s internal SD card. Finally, disconnect the device from computer once the process is done.
4. Turn off the phone and boot it into Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together. Then release all three buttons when the custom Recovery screen appears.
5. Choose Backup and Restore option from the main Recovery menu and hit Yes to confirm the backup operation. A restore point is now created which allows you to go back to the previous ROM if something goes wrong with the new ROM. To do so, just boot into CWM Recovery and then restore from ROM backup.
6. Click Wipe Data/ Factory Reset and click Yes to Confirm the process.
7. Choose Install Zip from SD card and then click Choose Zip from SD card. Browse and locate the ParanoidAndroid I9100G zip file and confirm its installation. Wait for a few minutes until the installation is complete and then proceed to the next step.
8. Once again hit Choose Zip from SD card. But, this time choose the Gapps zip file instead of ROM zip to install Google Apps package. Finally, click Yes to Confirm.
9. Return to the main CWM Recovery menu and tap Reboot System Now.
10. ParanoidAndroid ROM may take about five minutes to complete its first boot process after installation. So, please be patient. Then the phone will boot into normal mode and enables you to enter your Google Account details in order to gain full access to the phone.
[Source: Android Geeks]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: